If you’re looking for a show-stopper dessert, go no further! – by Jane Ash
Prep: 40 Minutes – Easy – Serves 10-12
This frozen dessert will really impress this festive season!
250g packet Arnott’s Butternut Snap Cookie
50g unsalted butter, melted
2 litre tub vanilla ice-cream
250g block cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup icing sugar mixture
125g punnet fresh raspberries, lightly crushed
3 x 45g Crunchie chocolate bars, chopped
Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a large food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined (mixture will appear quite crumbly). Press half the mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate. Reserve remaining biscuit mixture.
- Spoon ice-cream into a large bowl. Stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Process cream cheese and sugar in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add ice-cream. Process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Gently fold crushed raspberries and three-quarters of the chopped, chocolate bars through ice-cream mixture. Pour over biscuit base.
- Sprinkle over combined reserved biscuit mixture and remaining chocolate bars. Cover. Freeze, overnight until firm.
- Remove side from pan. Transfer to a serving plate. Cut into wedges. Serve with raspberries.
TIP Use a fork to lightly crush raspberries. Ice-cream cake can be frozen for up to one week. Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.